Talk to Stephen Mooney and his enthusiasm for making healthcare better for all involved shines through immediately. That enthusiasm coupled with his “never stop evolving” mantra is what sets Conifer Health apart almost instantly. “We were born out of a care delivery organization,” he emphasizes. “We understand what clients face every single day, from every side. Patient care and engagement, revenue and expenses, access to capital and cash, and population wellness.”
"No company in the industry has the depth and breadth of experience that Conifer Health represents, nor can anyone match the passion of Conifer Health’s people” he says. “Take a tour,” he insists. “You’ll see what we really bring to making a difference in healthcare.
At Conifer Health, we understand that not every organization is equipped to deal with all the multiple competing operational priorities or priorities that require personal attention or can’t be delegated. But they aren’t necessarily best suited or equipped to deal with the financial and performance-related changes happening due to healthcare reform. “We are,” Steve says. “It’s all we think about.”
After more than 25 years in the industry, Steve takes the work Conifer Health does for clients extremely personally. “We can help them so much,” he says of many of the organizations that continue to do this for themselves, or turn to other providers. “I know everyone in this space, and there is no way anyone can do for you what we can,” he states. “But people can’t see that from the outside. You have to come in and look.”
If that sounds like an invitation, “It absolutely is.”
- President of Conifer Health Solutions since its formation in 2008
- Leader of Conifer Health’s predecessor organization, Tenet Patient Financial Services, from 2004 to 2008
- More than 25 years of revenue cycle industry experience with Conifer Health and Tenet
- Bachelor of Arts, Stockton State College, New Jersey
- Master of Business Administration, Pepperdine University
- Featured in December 2013 issue of Smart Business Dallas: “Reconstructive Success Story”
Like every great CFO, Dan Karnuta really knows his business. He has more than 25 years of experience in corporate finance, accounting and taxation, as well as in human resources and information technology operations. His knowledge base is both broad and deep – which makes him a perfect fit for Conifer Health.
"Conifer Health has assembled the best knowledge base along with the best systems capabilities in the health performance and management industry," he says. “Combining the subject matter expertise of the comprehensive healthcare operational process with a client-oriented delivery culture provides an attractive alternative to clients that are seeking value-based performance excellence.”
Prior to joining Conifer Health, Dan served 18 years in domestic and international leadership positions at Dell and Perot Systems. That experience gave him insight into our global economy that many business leaders never realize, and it helped him truly appreciate what Conifer Health brings to the table for its clients.
- Previously served as Executive Director of Finance at Dell, Inc.
- Also held several key financial roles at Perot Systems Corporation, including Chief Financial Officer of the Healthcare Industry Group and Vice President of Planning and Decision Support
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University
- Master of Science degree in Taxation from American University in Washington, D.C.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Using her more than 25 years of experience to make a difference – to help clients deliver better care to more people – is at the heart of Norma Zeringue’s agenda. “I’ve worked in nearly every department in hospital operations,” she says modestly. “Marketing, AP, payroll, accounting, operations, business development, systems, government programs.”
Modesty aside, Norma’s experience has given her an exceptionally broad perspective and an appreciation of the people side of healthcare. “I have seen how a consistent, positive customer experience makes a huge difference,” she says. With a workforce of more than 12,000, Norma is focused on making sure as a service organization that each and every associate is focused, engaged, and ready to assist our clients and their customers.
- Previously served as Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Strategy, and Chief People Officer
- Previously Vice President of Process Innovation and Financial Integrity for Tenet Patient Financial Services from 1999 – 2008
- More than 25 years of leadership roles across Tenet
- Bachelor of Science, Nicholls State University, Louisiana
- Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, California
Ask Cole Brown what makes a great company great, and she’ll reply with one word: people. "You can have the best strategic vision and the plushest office space, but its great people that bring relevance to those elements," says Cole.
It takes a sincere and transformative leader to build and sustain world-class teams, and Cole fits the bill. As Conifer’s Chief HR Officer, her focus is on developing the most talented professionals in the healthcare industry. "My top priority is highlighting our extraordinary atmosphere to attract the best talent to Conifer." Cole says. She’s also keen to deliver highly collaborative working relationships that generate tangible business results across the entire organization.
Along with a wealth of experience in talent management, acquisition, and development; Cole brings deep knowledge about best practices for managing large, geographically dispersed employee populations, like Conifer’s. Prior to joining the organization, she served as Senior Vice President of HR for U.S. store operations at Walmart, where she led a team of more than 600 professionals who managed the needs of 1.3 million employees at 4,200 retail locations. While with Walmart, she held several senior leadership roles that focused on a broad spectrum of HR and legal areas, including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), employment practices and diversity strategies. Prior to her time at Walmart, Cole served with Bashen Consulting, Wickliff & Hall, P.C. and Doerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson, L.L.P.
- Serves as Conifer Health’s Chief Human Resources Officer since early 2015
- Served as Senior Vice President of HR for Walmart prior to her current role
- Served as Chief Diversity Officer for Walmart
- Member of the American Bar Association and National Bar Association
- Member of the Society of human Resource Management, HR People & Strategy and the Network of Executive Women
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Southern Methodist University
- Juris Doctor (JD), Southern Methodist University School of Law
“Clients are at the center of our success and we want to be at the center of their success.” It’s a simple quote that says everything about Allen. For Conifer Health, Allen leads our Business Development, Client Management, Strategic Planning, and Marketing functions. For him though, it’s not as complex as it sounds – because everything he does is about our clients.
"Conifer Health has experienced incredible growth over the last couple of years. It’s imperative that we earn our clients’ trust and renew our partnerships with them each and every day. We understand their evolving business requirements and are committed to helping them meet their goals and objectives,", Allen says.
I believe that Conifer Health understands what it takes to be successful. "Take great care of your clients today, exceed their expectations and we’ll be successful finding additional clients tomorrow. It’s a winning strategy in any business, and one that will help Conifer Health and our clients find success for many years to come."
- Joined Conifer Health February, 2013
- Served as President of Sales, Client Management and Field Operations Support for MedAssets, Inc. prior to Conifer Health
- Previously was an owner and Executive Vice President at OSI Systems, Inc., and held Executive Leadership roles at Transcend Services and HBOC
- Extensive experience in sales, client management, operations and strategy for companies providing business process management services to healthcare organizations since 1980
- Holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance from the University of Georgia
Spend a day with Jim Logsdon, Conifer Health’s President of Hospital Revenue Cycle Management, and you’ll realize he is on a mission to optimize business processes that not only will reduce operational costs in the revenue cycle, but also will create a better patient experience. Jim looks beyond cash flow to the key changes healthcare leaders must make in care delivery models to improve cost, quality and access.
"Hospital leaders are coming to understand that they are connected to the consumer like never before," Jim says. "Our work is about bridging the gap between better care for the consumer and better financial outcomes for the health system to achieve the triple aim."
As a seasoned hospital revenue cycle professional, Jim brings over 20 years of invaluable experience to Conifer Health. As president, Jim is responsible for managing Conifer Health’s end-to-end revenue cycle services and its largest business unit: a team of more than 12,000 people who serve hundreds of hospital and health system clients including two of the largest integrated care delivery systems in the nation.
Prior to joining Conifer Health, Jim was vice president of Revenue Cycle Operations for Texas Health Resources (THR). His proven success leading this highly respected revenue cycle organization helped make THR a three-time winner of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) MAP Award for high-performing revenue cycles and an HFMA Adopter Award for Patient Financial Communications Best Practices in 2017. Jim is an adjunct professor teaching Healthcare Management at the University of Texas at Arlington in the Masters of Healthcare Administration Program.
- Serves as Conifer Health’s President of Hospital Revenue Cycle Management since August 2017
- Served as provider-chair for the PwC Central Business Office
- Chair of the PwC Rules Committee
- Member of HFMA, the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM), and the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, St. Norbert College
- Masters of Business Administration, Cardinal Stritch University
- Masters of Science in Healthcare Administration, University of Texas at Arlington
Spend a few minutes with Megan North and you’ll quickly understand that she has a laser-like focus on helping the healthcare industry transition to a value-based healthcare model. For 25 years, she and her team have been meeting this challenge, starting with the highly regulated and capitated market in California.”
"How can organizations begin the journey toward value in the current environment where they are still being reimbursed for volume?” That is the question hospital and physician leadership is asking, especially when there are no clear models to follow. “We’ve built both the business plans and the underlying technology infrastructure to answer this very real need in the industry,” says Megan. “Our services and solutions have been operating in real healthcare environments for decades – that is a proven track record that other vendors just don’t have.”
With the acquisition of InforMed Health Solutions in 2012, Megan now leads a nationwide operation of value-based care solutions providing Clinical Integration, Population Health Management and Financial Risk Management for more than 300 organizations including IPAs, commercial and Medicare ACOs, clinically integrated organizations, full-risk bearing providers, hospitals, health systems, self-funded employers, Taft-Hartley plans and federal/state employer plans.
- Served as president of Conifer Health’s Value-Based Care since its formation in 2012
- Served as CEO of Cap Management Systems for more than 13 years
- Megan was a driving force within Tenet leading several key initiatives tied to health care reform and supporting the formation of clinically integrated organizations throughout the country
- 25 years of risk-based hospital and physician practice operational expertise
- Created a highly successful model for physician and hospital alignment in California, including services and technology infrastructure
- Bachelor of Arts, Boston University
- Masters of Business Administration, Pepperdine University Graduate School of Management
Take some time to get to know Jim Brashear and you’ll discover he has a knack for taking complex ideas and making them easy to understand. And with more than 30 years of legal experience in data privacy, cyber security, technology, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, international transactional matters and more, he has had lots of practice. Jim is Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Conifer Health. In this role he has oversight of all of the company’s legal, contracting and government relations efforts.
"We work in an industry that is rapidly evolving and one where patient and consumer protections are always top-of-mind. The more we can educate Conifer Health team members about the laws and the issues that shape our business, the better they will be at advocating for consumers, clients and our company."
Jim joins Conifer Health from Zix Corporation where he served as General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. Previous to his stint at Zix, Jim was a corporate securities partner at Haynes and Boone; a Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, Corporate Secretary and Chief Governance Officer at the Sabre Holdings Corporation and a senior attorney at AMR Corporation’s subsidiary American Airlines, Inc. He was also an associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom and O'Melveny & Myers.
- Member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court, the California Bar Association and the State Bar of Texas
- Served as National Director of The Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals and as the Society's 2013 National Conference Chair
- Served as Co-Chair of the Programs and Cloud Computing subcommittees of the Information Technology, Privacy and Electronic Commerce Committee of the Association of Corporate Counsel
- Received a Juris Doctorate degree, magna cum laude, from the University of San Diego School of Law; served as Executive Editor of the law review
- Earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science from the University of California at San Diego
"Exciting" isn’t the first word that one would associate with corporate ethics and compliance programs but Dan Feldman, Conifer Health’s Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, sees it differently.
"While most of us see rules and regulations, I see an opportunity to promote understanding," says Dan. "As part of a company that is strongly committed to high standards, my goal is to empower all team members at Conifer Health to make decisions that positively impact our reputation in the ever-changing healthcare marketplace."
As a recognized expert in enterprise risk management and compliance auditing best practices, Dan brings 20 years of experience in highly-regulated industries to Conifer Health. He is responsible for managing Conifer Health’s enterprise-wide ethics and compliance program. Dan also directs the company’s privacy and security compliance program.
Dan’s expertise not only helps enrich Conifer Health’s culture of ethics and compliance, it increases the value the company offers to hospitals, health systems and accountable care organizations. >"By following compliance auditing best practices and continually adapting to the evolving needs of our clients, we empower them to focus on what matters the most to them,>" Dan says.
Prior to joining Conifer Health, Feldman held various leadership positions at Dean Foods Co. in Dallas, serving most recently as vice president, chief litigation counsel and chief compliance officer. In that role, he managed the company’s ethics and compliance function, as well as its litigation matters, including employment litigation and counseling, and sat on the company’s Enterprise Risk Council.
- Serves as Conifer Health’s Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer since 2017
- Served as Vice President, Chief Litigation Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for Dean Foods Co.
- Member of the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Bachelor’s Degree, History, University of Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctor (JD), University of Texas School of Law
Chris feels lucky to work with people who see things the same way. “Innovation is a word we use a lot,” Chris says, but innovation is really centered on service to clients. “Our innovations have to drive Conifer Health to adapt to our clients and their customer’s needs.”
"It’s my job to know the right technology and information systems that helps drive operational performance,” says Chris. He leads the company’s strategic focus on technology needs and innovation solutions as they relate to existing business and clinical systems and to those of new Conifer Health clients. “I want to make sure that our employees have easy access to the data they need to be efficient for our clients; and that clients have information at their fingertips to make critical performance and health management decisions.”
Prior to joining Conifer Health, Mr. Tyler had more than 13 years of service at Perot Systems Corporation — 11 of which were dedicated to Tenet Healthcare. Most recently, he served as Perot Systems’ chief operating officer for the Tenet account with overall responsibility for both technical project delivery and day-to-day technical operations for hospitals across Tenet’s enterprise. During his tenure with Perot Systems, one of his many accomplishments was the creation of the enterprise integration architecture that Conifer Health uses to serve its revenue cycle management clients today.
- Served as Conifer Health’s Chief Information Officer since July 2009
- Previously Tenet Account COO for Perot Systems from 2008 to 2009
- Designed and delivered the IT strategy, infrastructure and integration model for Conifer Health’s Integration and Productivity Platform, ACE
- 13 Years of Experience Architecting Enterprise Solutions for Tenet Healthcare, including Tenet’s Physician Portal, Reserve Management and Patient Access ADT Systems
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Texas A&M University