Senior Vice President
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ask Cole Brown what makes a great company great, and she’ll reply with one word: people. “You can have the best strategic vision and the plushest office space, but its great people that bring relevance to those elements,” says Cole.
It takes a sincere and transformative leader to build and sustain world-class teams, and Cole fits the bill. As Conifer’s Chief HR Officer, her focus is on developing the most talented professionals in the healthcare industry. “My top priority is highlighting our extraordinary atmosphere to attract the best talent to Conifer.” Cole says. She’s also keen to deliver highly collaborative working relationships that generate tangible business results across the entire organization.
Along with a wealth of experience in talent management, acquisition, and development; Cole brings deep knowledge about best practices for managing large, geographically dispersed employee populations, like Conifer’s. Prior to joining the organization, she served as Senior Vice President of HR for U.S. store operations at Walmart, where she led a team of more than 600 professionals who managed the needs of 1.3 million employees at 4,200 retail locations. While with Walmart, she held several senior leadership roles that focused on a broad spectrum of HR and legal areas, including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), employment practices and diversity strategies. Prior to her time at Walmart, Cole served with Bashen Consulting, Wickliff & Hall, P.C. and Doerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson, L.L.P.
- Serves as Conifer Health’s Chief Human Resources Officer since early 2015
- Served as Senior Vice President of HR for Walmart prior to her current role
- Served as Chief Diversity Officer for Walmart
- Member of the American Bar Association and National Bar Association
- Member of the Society of human Resource Management, HR People & Strategy and the Network of Executive Women
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Southern Methodist University
- Juris Doctor (JD), Southern Methodist University School of Law